Drip Irrigation System Installation, Repair, and Maintenance
Irrigation systems provide the steady and reliable moisture that your landscape and lawn need to thrive in our sunny Los Angeles climate. If you have an existing drip irrigation system and your plants are not thriving, chances are it may need some expert attention.
Professional installation, system repair, and regular maintenance of your irrigation system by One Day Tree Service will keep your plants in the peak of health and prevent wasted water or lost vegetation. We can set up the right water-saving system for your property or keep existing systems running well, allowing you to reap the benefits of regular automatic watering.
The Benefits of an Effective Drip Irrigation System
By delivering water exactly where it is needed, drip irrigation systems offer these valuable benefits to your landscape and your budget:
- Drip irrigation saves water, using 30-50% less water than a sprinkler system.
- Improves plant growth rates by supplying smaller amounts of water over a longer period of time.
- Deep penetration of moisture into the soil, encouraging deep root growth for trees and shrubs.
- Minimizes weed growth by not providing surface water for weeds to germinate and grow.
- Helps eliminate fungal diseases by reducing spray on foliage and lowering humidity levels.
- Has the ability to be modified easily to adapt to changing needs or new landscaping projects.
Maintenance Tips for Irrigation Systems
These tips will help you determine if your system is working properly and when it might be time to call for maintenance or installation of additional tubing to your drip irrigation system:
- Check soil moisture by sticking a pencil or sharp stick into the ground near the drip emitters. It should push easily into damp soil. If the soil is hard and dry, water is not being released by the emitter.
- Watch for puddles around the emitters that might indicate over-watering. In the Los Angeles climate, 2 inches of water per week may be required. If your system is designed to deliver 1 gallon per hour for each emitter, you would need to water for 2 hours per week.
- Report any problems to our team. It is quite easy to repair tubing, change the spacing of emitters, or add additional runs, so there is no need to put up with a poorly functioning irrigation system.
- Often systems are set up to run on top of the ground for easy planting and to reduce clogs. You may cover the soil with mulch to conceal the tubing and maintain soil moisture.
- Your system may need periodic cleaning to remove clogs caused by dirt, mineral deposits, or algae growth. One Day Tree Service can clean your drip irrigation system and replace the filters to make it run properly again.
Water, Water Everywhere with a Better Irrigation System
At One Day Tree Service we handle all types of lawn and landscape irrigation systems. Whether you need a new drip irrigation system designed and installed, or an overhaul of an existing system, contact us first to find out how easy it can be to bring fresh water where it’s needed in your landscape.