Los Angeles residents are used to seeing tall, lush trees on their streets, but the effects of disease, age, and a harsh environment can take a toll, leaving behind a stump. Tree stumps aren’t just unsightly. They can be dangerous, especially when someone doesn’t see them when walking by. Fortunately, One Day Tree Service offers professional tree and stump removal services to resolve the situation—permanently.
Why Remove Tree Stumps?
Removing only the tree is usually not enough. When you schedule a tree removal specialist to come to your home, you should call on someone who specializes in stump removal near you because a tree stump:
- Is not a pretty addition to your yard. In fact, it can reduce your curb appeal and property value.
- Can cause an unsuspecting neighbor or even a child playing in your yard to trip. If a neighbor is hurt, you can be liable for damages.
- Is hard to maneuver around when mowing your lawn; hitting one can cause expensive damage to equipment.
- Takes up yard space; along with its roots, removing the stump can make room for gardening or a picnic area.
- Attracts insects; a decaying tree can draw ants, beetles, and even termites near your home, where they can do serious damage.
The Best Way to Remove Stumps
Removing a tree stump can be a difficult process. There are several methods people try; they can eventually get the job done, but you may or may not want to risk:
- Manually removing a tree stump; the tools aren’t expensive, but it can take all day to get rid of the stump.
- Using harsh chemicals such as potassium nitrate, which accelerate the rotting process, which normally can take up to seven years.
- Burning the stump by drilling holes and pouring kerosene and fuel oil inside so it is completely consumed by flames.
You can also rent a grinder and try to remove the stump this way. However, the safest and most effective method is to call a professional. The length of time it takes to remove the stump depends on its size. Calling a technician for stump grinding near you means more powerful machines will be used so the job is faster and more thorough.
Call Us for Residential Tree Stump Grinding and Removal
Our experience in stump grinding and removal means we can choose the right equipment and completely remove tree stumps. We serve homes and businesses throughout Los Angeles. Whether you want to plant a new tree or smooth out newly fresh ground, One Day Tree Service can help, and our technicians are always prompt and professional. Call 800-716-9336 to schedule stump removal near you or learn about our other tree care and landscaping services.
need a stump removed